Job Title: Senior Program Manager (Infrastructure/Operations)
Location: Englewood, CO
Pay Rate: $75-$85/hour
A Senior Program Manager for Infrastructure/Operations is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of Infrastructure IT, operations, and security projects, ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments, and goals.
- Lead the planning and implementation of the Infrastructure and Operations Program
- Present and negotiate with customer, senior management, and IT teams
- Facilitate the definition of program scope, goals and deliverables
- Create Governance, Executive Status Reports, and Roadmaps
- Develop full scale Program plans working with various IT and Business teams
- Assemble and coordinate Program staff and manage program resource allocation
- Plan and schedule program timelines and necessary weekly/daily or ad hoc meetings
- Track program deliverables and fill out the program RAID using appropriate tools
- Provide direction and support to Infrastructure/Ops program team and coordinate with the IT Program managers
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the program to all stakeholders
- Present reports defining program progress, problems and solutions, and perform risk management
- Implement and manage program changes and interventions to achieve program outputs
- Provide program evaluations and assessment of results throughout and post project deployment
- 7+ years of Program Management experience – preferably in Infrastructure, Cloud, Operations, and Security
- 10+ years in IT; Includes IT, Cloud, Security, and vendor certifications and training
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to interact effectively with IT management, software development and test teams, and infrastructure teams
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of program management
- Knowledge of technical hardware and operations program management techniques and tools
- Knowledge of working with Vendor SOWs, RFPs, and contracts
- Working knowledge of IT systems, Agile, and SDLC
- Direct work experience in technical infrastructure and security program management capacity and vendor management
- Proven experience in people management, strategic planning, risk management, and change management
- Solid experience with GSuite, Visio, and MSProject
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior level executives.
- Strong negotiation/facilitation skills with an ability to gain consensus
- Ability to consult with customers at a business level.
- Ability to translate and communicate a customer’s strategic opportunities into requirements for the technical teams
- Excellent written and presentation skills and strong decision making skills
- Ability to facilitate solutions in a complex IT technology and business environment and able to adapt quickly to change.
- Ability to manage customer expectations throughout the program implementation and delivery process.
- Ability to work on teams in a lead and participative capacity with many different and diverse stakeholders.
- Formal knowledge of Program management principles, processes, and tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Engineering, or related degree
- PMP certification and Advanced Degree preferred
Desired Knowledge Areas:
- Microsoft Active Directory / Exchange email
- UNIX servers, SQL servers, Windows servers and clients
- NAS and SAN Storage
- Data networking
- Wireless systems
- Enterprise software releases
- AWS and Cloud Services
- DevOps and CI/CD pipelines
- Security and enterprise monitoring systems and tools