Job Title: Senior Quantitative Modeling Analyst
Location: McLean, VA
Are you looking to take your career from good to great? With our company, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining us is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of our family.
Our client is hiring a Senior Quantitative Modeling Analyst in Tysons, Virginia. The primary purpose of this job is to develop and evaluate models associated with Pthe company’s lending function to quantify the organization’s credit risk exposure and evaluate the performance of established controls. The incumbent provides statistical input for the development and implementation of policies, plans, and programs related to credit risk management portfolio monitoring.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
* Interact with and advises Management regarding credit risk issues; formulates product strategy recommendations and evaluates the risk in the overall loan portfolio.
* Aid in development of credit risk management criteria for various product lines.
* Autonomous end-to-end statistical model creation, including but not limited to identifying objectives, compiling data, sampling/prepping data, feature selection, model comparison/selection, deployment, and monitoring. Ensures adequate internal control processes around model development, implementation and validation are established.
* Development, monitoring and maintenance of custom risk scorecards using advanced machine learning and statistical method. Recommends and implements model changes to improve performance of credit functions.
* Apply intermediate to advanced knowledge of financial processes and procedures, and routine modeling theories and techniques to create effective modeling solutions for a single or multiple business functions.
* Participate in corporate projects as requested
* Keep informed of new ideas and academic research within the industry, best practices, and regulatory developments through publications, membership in professional organizations and contact with other financial institutions
* Assist management with maintaining company compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and ordinances by abiding by company compliance program and all policies, procedures, rules, and regulations
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
* Ph.D. or Master Degree in a quantitative discipline is required.
* Minimum of five (5) years of related work experience in building statistical models and advanced data analysis.
* Applied experience with Logistic Regression, Linear Regression, Time Series Analysis, Decision Trees, and Cluster Analysis.
* Advanced programming skills to include knowledge of statistical programs (e.g. SQL, SAS, Python, and R).
* Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and implement rapid changes in project direction.
* Proven project management skills.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills required
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Limited travel to various worksites is required.< Back to Job Search