Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Englewood, CO
A successful Senior Software Engineer will:
· Be available to work onsite out of our American Fork, UT, Foster City CA or Englewood, CO offices
· Have a 4-year college degree in Computer Science / Information Technology, Master’s degree is preferred or equivalent professional experience
· Have 5+ years of relevant experience
· Software development experience and minimum apps development experience
· Suggest ways to improve software development approaches and be the “go-to-person” for software development in specific client / player area
· Provide leadership to software engineering projects within
· Work closely with the project stakeholders to gather software requirements, understand issues and present solutions and guidance
· Ensure that the solutions to individual projects and problems align with the overall architectural roadmap
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with peer software engineering groups and key internal stakeholders and where applicable, maintain agreed external stakeholders relationships relevant to the achievement of business objectives.
Technologies in our environment:
Here are some of the key technologies that make up our environment. While we do not expect you to have a detailed understanding of each, the more of these you are familiar with, the better.
· Deep domain expertise on Roku app development using Brightscript and Roku Scene Graph frameworks. Any expertise with native platforms app development (iOS, Android, and/or Roku) is added advantage.
· Knowledge of streaming technologies and previous experience in developing streaming applications is a plus
· Understanding of REST APIs, the document request model, and offline storage
· Knowledge of CI/CD & DevSecOps tools: Gitlab, Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube, ArgoCD, Fortify, Netsparker, white hat, OWASP, Vault, Salt Stack, Terraform, etc
· Experience with Automated testing of applications, Continuous Integration (CI), TDD, and/or BDD
· Knowledge of Serverless / Function as a service concept, implementations & patterns, web-scale and distributed systems
· Experience creating, optimizing, and integrating Application Programming Interface (API) calls; background in API development preferred.
· Create Technical Requirements Documentation based on Product Requirement Documents.
· Build high-level user interfaces using rapid prototyping methodologies.
· Design application frameworks for use across multiple products.
· Work with internal technical teams to identify and build platform elements required to support key mobile product features.< Back to Job Search