# Positions: 1
Location: Englewood, CO – 100% on-site day 1
Visa Status: Any, as long as can convert in 3-6 months
Length: 3–6-month CTH
We reimagine connectivity through new platforms, new business models and new ways of thinking.
Today, we are building America’s first cloud-native 5G network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential. Our IT teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically original, and truly unlike what anyone else can.
Navigating an ambiguous future, our mission is clear. We adapt to, and drive, change for all.
As an API Senior Engineer, you will work within an agile delivery team and use your skills to create and customize application integrations.
Day-to-day job responsibilities:
- End to end API and integration experience.
- Analyze and help define data, workflow, environment, system and software interfaces
- Prepare detailed API design documents and specifications
- Establish and document full life cycle of API management standards and best practices
- Build out secure integration APIs to interface with a diverse set of systems
- Set up CI/CD implementation using tools like GitLab/Argo CD/EKS
- Responsible for identifying gaps between current systems and desired end-state; creating a roadmap to deliver end-state solutions.
- Works closely with more senior staff on more complex and/or integrated programming issues.
- Performs key portions of the system development lifecycle including designing, coding, code reviews with peers prior to submitting for QA, unit testing, documenting, installing, maintaining, and supporting proprietary and/or purchased software systems/applications.
- 5+ years of professional experience as an API developer with deep understanding of API implementations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience in Telecom sector will be a big plus
- Well versed with Java, Spring Boot and similar technologies
- Sound knowledge with authorization and authentication approaches like oAuth, SSO/SAML
- Direct experience or working knowledge with AWS technologies including ECS/EKS, Lambda, API Gateway, S3 and Kafka
- Experience with build tools like maven, gradle and unit test tools like Junit, Mocito
- Foundational experience with service orchestration and messaging technology
- Experience with end-to-end API Platform setup and implementation