Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
- In office 5x/week, Littleton location
- 111K Salary
- CTH *will consider Direct Hire as well
- Top skills:
- Must have worked with transport systems for billing – OSS/BSS systems
- 5-8 years of telecommunications
- Soft skills:
- This will not be new development. They are working on supporting upgrades and changes for a system we have outsourced.
The company intends to radically disrupt the Wireless industry landscape and is in search of a Sr. Software Engineer to manage its suite of Transport Assurance Tools. This position will work as part of our Wireless Telecom and Transport team responsible for management, implementation and maintenance of applications supporting procurement and monitoring of our Transport infrastructure. This position will be part of an exciting team building a Wireless industry leading tool which will enable the company to build its Greenfield 5G network faster and more cost efficiently than has ever been done in the industry. This team is a key component to the success of company’s wireless buildout.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design, develop, and maintain a suite of software applications to capture, provision and monitor the Wireless Transport network.
- Implement and train new users on the Transport Assurance Tools application packages.
- First level of support and triage for bugs and issues submitted by users
- Monitor performance and determine improvement areas by developing key performance indicators for critical department metrics.
- Optimize system architecture and framework to facilitate business goals and growth
- Interact with internal and third party stakeholders to define business processes and software requirements
- Interface with analysts and business unit leaders to create automations and new tool sets to solve problems in a fast paced agile environment
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert and fully understand processes and their impact on the overall business; recommend and execute corrective actions to handle systems compliance against operating metrics.
- Serve as technical liaison with vendors
- Work with internal and third party stakeholders to specify and test interfaces for the suite of Transport Assurance Tools.
- Participate in technical writing, standards and documentation processes for the Transport Assurance Tools application
- 8+ years Internet / Telecommunications Network experience.
- 3+ years of strong experience in Telecom OSS/BSS systems in one or more areas of Order Management, Inventory Management, Service Assurance and Interconnect Billing/ Expense Management systems or an industry-leading software package.
- Experience using open source and low-code development tools in a telecom environment
- Extensive knowledge with web service communication protocols (REST, SOAP, etc.)
- 3+ years experience in Wireless Transport systems implementation / Integration / Operations and Maintenance a plus
- Ability to work with business partners to define requirements for system and configure to meet their needs
- Ability to train corporate and operational personnel to use the system efficiently
- Ability to trouble shoot systems, identify bugs, relate to development and test fixes
- Growth mindset: Proven ability to quickly learn new concepts, processes, software and development ideas
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with different departments of the organization.
- Detailed analytical abilities and technical writing skills.
- Advanced Excel capabilities
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent engineering field and 5+ years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience< Back to Job Search