With our client, the Testing and Quality Assurance (TQA) team’s mission is to deliver software that meets business needs and allows for a positive customer experience. The Senior Software Test Engineer, as part of the software development family, is a leader in the development of automated test solutions to support the overall software delivery team in a fast-paced IT environment. They ensure software meets business requirements, coach and drive the team to design, execute, and test scenarios that exercise all required test conditions to ensure all deadlines are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and build automation frameworks.
- Design, create, and maintain automation test scripts.
- Review automation test scripts for coding best practice and ease of maintainability perspective
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship around testing, automation, and frameworks.
- Coordinate and manage a single application project from a test perspective, including assigned resources and testing progress.
- Develop and review the test plans and test coverage including scope definition, resource identification, risks and schedule.
- Lead requirements and test design/case reviews, perform test case reviews with other team members.
- Represent the test team in project status meeting and communicate issues appropriately.
- Compile and analyze metrics on testing activities and generate testing status reports during the testing phase.
- Create and distribute daily/weekly status reports to management.
- Advanced knowledge of Java, Python, or other relevant programming languages.
- Advanced knowledge of integrating automated tests with dev ops.
- Applied knowledge of designing, building and maintaining automation frameworks.
- Applied knowledge of SQL or other database query tools.
- Advanced knowledge of software testing techniques, methodologies, policies, and procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of testing toolsets such as ALM, Octane, Selenium, SoapUI, or similar tools.
- High level of curiosity and strong desire to succeed.
- Able to write, present information, and respond to questions from leadership, customers and business partners.
- Able to represent the overall testing organization in a positive and intelligent manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to define, write and articulate requirements.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and 7 years of related experience; or 10 years related experience.
- Min 5 years experience in STE II, or equivalent role.
- 3-5 years Automation experience
- 7 years Testing experience