Job Title: Senior Transport Microwave Design Engineer
Location: US-CO-Littleton (In office 5x/week)
- 130K max salary
- CTH *will consider Direct Hire as well
- Top skills:
- 5+ years of Microwave design and performance monitoring
- Ask about their GHz for MW frequencies and Millimeter Wave GHz
- Resolving degraded microwave links
- Experience designing a microwave network
We are seeking a Transport Microwave Engineer with strong current and past engineering technical skills to help build our 5G network.
The Microwave Engineer is responsible for performing highly complex MW engineering and MW backhaul engineering activities supporting the design, development and optimization of a wireless network; including microwave backhaul network design per specified design rules and topology guidelines.
This role is a key, strategic part of our business and presents an opportunity to implement and optimize the latest networking solutions. This role reports to the Sr. Microwave Manager, and may require some travel.
Responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Guide and support in planning, design, development and optimization efforts of a microwave network
- Work independently or within a team environment.
- Ensure that project schedules are met.
- Monitor and troubleshoot microwave links’ KPI
- Filling and tracking PCNs
- Actively contribute to improvements and participate in innovation, lessons learned, and knowledge sharing activities.
- Ensure that work meets all applicable engineering, financial, planning, and operational standards. Design and document complex microwave links and topology for existing and new sites
- Review LOS studies and perform site visits as necessary
- Analyze microwave path analysis based on diverse maps or terrain databases, radio path calculations and antenna sizing, frequency planning
The successful Transport Microwave Engineer will have:
- 5+ years of relevant wireless experience, including MW Design and Performance Monitoring
- Experience with Path Loss, Ellipse or equivalent required
- Experience with 6 GHz – 42 GHz MW frequencies and Millimeter Wave to include 70-80-90 GHz
- Experience with monitoring of MW links, troubleshooting and resolving degraded links
- Knowledge and/or work experience with basic RF design and optimization tasks
- Strong organizational, inter-personal, facilitator and communication skills
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills a must
- Proven ability to work independently and escalate issues appropriately.
- Bachelor’s Degree; advanced degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience