< Back to Job Search
Location: Denver, CO
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Job Title: Software Development Manager
Location: Denver, CO
Salary: $99,360 – $157,665/year
Qualifications: A successful Software Development Manager will have:
- A track record of “followership” – people want to work for and with you.
- Experience leading teams through the full software development life cycle including managing cross functional project teams (Dev, QE and Automation).
- Expected to demonstrate great understanding and excellence with all parts of the Software Development Lifecycle with common backend implementations including Requirements Gathering, Analysis, Design, Architecture, Development, Testing, Release, and Production Support.
- Proven track record of hiring, growing and nurturing cohesive, high performing development teams.
- Ability to work with external partners, cross functional teams and internal partners.
- 3+ years of personal hands on software development experience working on systems level software.
- 3-5 years of experience managing and leading teams developing enterprise products in a high-growth, fast-paced system software engineering company.
- Experience with Agile frameworks like Scrum and with continuous integration / continuous delivery
- Ability to motivate yourself and others, prioritize your own work, and adapt and thrive in a dynamic team environment
- Excellent problem solving, decision-making, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- A degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field
Preferred Skills : You will stand out if you have:
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure and platform services – AWS Preferred
- SQL Server, MongoDB, Postgres
- IntelliJ, Eclipse
- API, REST, RESTful Design
- SOAP, JSON, XML
- Maven/Ant/Gradle Scripting, ADB tools
- Basic Linux administration, Artifactory, Rally/JIRA, Rancher, Git
- Docker, Kubernetes, GitLab, CI/CD Pipelines
- AWS Infrastructure Knowledge