Job Title: Software Engineer II
Location: Englewood, CO
Salary: $80,000 – $100,000/year
• Must be proficient in an agile development methodology and be able to work closely in a collaborative work environment.
• Work with the application development team to analyze features and stories; attend and participate in Iteration Planning Meetings (IPM) with the application development team to point and assign stories for development.
• Analyze solutions prepared by senior and lead engineers. Prepare code in the application to meet those solutions.
• Integration test the solutions prepared prior to the TQA cycle.
• Support the TQA test cycle by triaging defects created by TQA and the business, analyzing those defects and determining the appropriate team to prepare a code fix. If the team to prepare a code fix is the application development team, prepare the code fix, test and submit to TQA for re-testing.
• Participate in post implementation retrospective meetings to review the results of the latest software deployment.
• Responsible for identifying improvements in the application and review those improvements with the application lead.
• Responsible for working with other teams to resolve application issues.
• Demonstrates intermediate knowledge of development tools, policies, procedures, practices and technology applicable to assigned area. Troubleshoot prod incidents and defects. Knows where and how to get information to complete assigned tasks.
• Goal of being best in class. Resolves situations of increasing complexity. Escalates issues to manager and/or tech anchor when appropriate. Continuously seeks to improve working relationship with customers.
• Practices effective communication cross-functionally. Steadily builds a credible and trustworthy reputation. Has knowledge and relationships with supporting teams to enable effective troubleshooting.
• Often explains technical work being done to less tech savvy audience with clarity. Provides knowledge transfer presentations to teammates and peers when necessary. Spreads knowledge effectively when pairing.
• Takes initiative and ownership of assigned tasks, projects, incidents, etc. Reaches out to others for information and continuously seeks to improve working relationship with customers. Anticipates and escalates potential issues, as appropriate.
• Understands and applies broad knowledge of principles and procedures of specialization. Ability to complete difficult tasks independently. Advanced knowledge of departmental and customer processes and dynamics.
Skills, Experience and Requirements:
• 3+ years of relevant experience
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Experience with working with web service application program interface (API) platforms.
• Experience with the Apigee API gateway management product.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong work ethic, demonstrate a passion for what you do every day
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize responsibilities.
• Must be an organized self-starter with the ability to handle and coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously with minimum error.
• Experience with database structures
• Experience programming with Java 1.7 & 1.8
• Knowledge of Spring: Spring Boot – Spring Integration – Spring Cloud – Spring Security
• Experience with Soap and Restful Services
• Experience with the following delivery tools:
o Unix/Linux/ MacOs Experience
o Shell scripting (bash, sh, zsh)
o CI/CD< Back to Job Search