Job Title: Software Test Engineer II
The testing and Quality Assurance (TQA) team’s mission is to deliver software that meets business needs and allows for a positive customer experience. As part of the software development family, the Software Test Engineer II is a key contributor in the development of automated test solutions to support the overall software delivery team in a fast-paced IT environment. They will ensure software meets the business requirements by designing and executing test scenarios that exercise all required test conditions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze system requirements for various computer system modules.
- Collaborate with agile development and architecture teams to identify appropriate test solutions.
- Develop test automation that exercises all aspects of application code for UI, API services, and database validations.
- Integrate automated tests with the CI/CD pipelines.
- Develop manual tests for non-automatable features.
- Execute automation and manual test scripts.
- Analyze the results of the automation and manual tests.
- Log and track problems (bugs).
- Assist developer with debugging prod incidents.
- Maintain and manage existing automated and manual test suites for regression testing.
- Contribute to continuous improvement in processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with a globally distributed team.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship around testing, automation, and frameworks.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Applied knowledge of Java, Python, or other relevant programming languages.
- Applied knowledge of integrating automated tests with DevOps
- Application testing experience with Oracle ERP (“Order Management,” “Financials” and ”Time and Labor” Modules)
- Expertise with one or more test automation frameworks.
- Applied knowledge of testing methodologies (functional, non-functional, end-to-end, regression testing).
- Experience with database testing.
- Understanding of Agile and SCRUM.
- Experience working in continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Ability to provide results with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of test management tools such as ALM, Octane, or a similar tool is desirable.
- Experience with automation tools like UFT, Selenium, Maven, and Ready API.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University (computer science or engineering field); and three years related experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.< Back to Job Search