Job Title: Software Test Engineer II
Location: Englewood, CO
Type: 3-month CTH
The Software Test Engineer II, as part of the software development family, is a key contributor in the development of automated test solutions to support the overall software delivery team in a fast-paced IT environment. They will ensure software meets the business requirements by designing and executing test scenarios that exercise all required test conditions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze system requirements for various computer system modules.
- Collaborate with agile development and architecture teams to identify appropriate test solutions.
- Develop test automation that exercises all aspects of application code for UI, API services, and database validations.
- Ability to write Test automation code for API testing using Groovy scripting language or use built-in functions of Ready API or any other API testing tools
- Ability to write Test automation code in Java for selenium framework
- Integrate automated tests with the CI/CD pipelines.
- Develop manual tests for non-automatable features.
- Execute automation and manual test scripts.
- Analyze the results of the automation and manual tests.
- Log and track problems (bugs).
- Assist developer with debugging prod incidents.
- Maintain and manage existing automated and manual test suites for regression testing.
- Contribute to continuous improvement in processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with a globally distributed team.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship around testing, automation, and frameworks.
- Other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Applied knowledge of Java, Python, or other relevant programming languages.
- Applied knowledge of integrating automated tests with dev ops.
- Automation testing experience.
- Expertise with one or more test automation frameworks.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of curiosity and a strong desire to succeed.
- Applied knowledge of testing methodologies (functional, non-functional, end-to-end, regression testing).
- Experience with database testing.
- Understanding of Agile and SCRUM.
- Experience working in continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- High-energy, detail-oriented and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to provide results with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of test management tools such as ALM, Octane, or a similar tool is desirable.
- Experience with automation tools like UFT, Selenium, Maven, and Ready API.
- Able to write, present information, and respond to questions from leadership, customers and business partners.
- Contribute individually and as a member of a team.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University (computer science or engineering field); and three years related experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
PHYSICAL and WORK ENVIRONMENT DEMANDS
The work will primarily occur in a collaborative office environment. There may be an occasional need to lift /move equipment up to 20lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
IT Manager< Back to Job Search