Role: Software Test Engineer II
Location: Englewood, CO
Duration: 6 -12 months (Contract)
Max Hourly : up to $65/HR
Start Date: Immediate
We are in search of a Software Test Engineer II who would be responsible for testing APIs and UI for Retail Wireless. As a software tester, this candidate would be responsible for analyzing requirements, creating, executing and maintaining manual and automation tests for GUI or APIs, database validation and system testing.
- 5+ years experience as a software test engineer
- Strong knowledge of various phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Test Life Cycle (STLC).
- Experience with manual and automation testing of enterprise level web and client/server applications.
- Experience with test automation tools like UFT, Selenium, Maven, SoapUI and Ready API.
- Experience using Swagger for REST API specification.
- Expertise with one or more test automation frameworks.
- Knowledge of testing types (functional, non-functional, end-to-end, regression testing).
- Wireless communication industry testing experience.
- Experience with database testing, SQL, PL/SQL statements, stored procedures and triggers.
- Experience with data migration testing.
- Practical knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Proficiency with Java or other applicable object-oriented language.
- Good understanding of Cloud Services like Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Knowledge of test management tools such as ALM, Octane, or a similar tool is desirable.
- Experience testing e-commerce applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong desire to succeed.
- Experience working in continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- High-energy, detail-oriented and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to provide results with minimal supervision.
- Able to write, present information, and respond to questions from leadership, customers and business partners.
- Contribute individually and as a member of a team.
- Analyze Business and Functional Requirements, Features, User Stories for creating test cases.
- Create manual and automation test scripts for GUI or services, and database validation.
- Create automation scripts to integrate into the CI/CD pipeline.
- Execute manual and automation test scripts.
- Maintain manual and automation test scripts for regression testing.
- Log and track problems (bugs).
- Assist developer with debugging prod incidents.
- Perform data validation.
- Contribute to continuous improvement in processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with globally distributed teams.