Job Title: Solutions Manager
Max Salary: up to 120K
Primary responsibilities fall into the following:
- Works with IT management, Product Management and Tech Leads to evaluate, scope and drive projects from ideation and inception through project delivery
- Drives the IT Roadmap and facilitates adoption of leading-edge technologies to achieve business results in a fast-changing industry
- Participates in regular architecture governance meetings with team leads to facilitate change and maintain architectural consistency across teams and functions
- Interfaces with vendors and partners to collaborate in developing solutions for key business initiatives
- Works with management, development leads, product managers, testing, operations support groups and others within IT to ensure alignment of goals, objectives and project work for smooth development, testing and delivery of working software.
- Runs regular status review meetings for each project with key stakeholders; set up and facilitate meetings as needed to discuss and resolve issues as they arise.
- Provide weekly status reporting in ServiceNow, Roadmunk or other Reporting Tools as requested to ensure consistent, concise and accurate status of all projects is communicated
- Ability to understand both technical and business solution requirements/design and drive successful solution delivery that aligns to business success criteria and technical architecture best practices
A successful Solution Manager will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or a related field and 3-5 years of experience as an IT software development Solution Manager, Solution Architect or Delivery Manager; or combination of education and experience.
- A thorough knowledge of software development phases and processes is key, including a working knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Waterfall and Agile approaches.
- Strong communications and facilitation skills with technical, managerial and business stakeholders to communicate issues and risks and arrive at appropriate solutions and plans.
- Solid experience with G-Suite, Excel, Word, Outlook, Visio, draw.io
- Experience using software tools such as Rally, Roadmunk and ServiceNow is a plus
- Architecture experience in areas including mobile & web applications, microservices, Data Warehouse & Analytics, and high-volume/high-availability architectures
- Recent relevant experience architecting or implementing enterprise scale applications in AWS or other major cloud platforms
- Strong leadership skills to effectively lead teams and team members through influence without having direct supervisory responsibilities
- Strong problem solving skills to develop solutions for specific operational or technical problems