Job Title: Sr. Robotics Software Engineer
Location: Austin, TX (on-site) no option for hybrid
Visa: GC or USC
*PhD, or MS in Computer Science or 3+ years in the Surgical Robotic field
*C++ software development
*Linux is preferred
Good communication skills
Works well with team
Produce good quality code
Candidate will have equity in the company
Possibility to be promoted to Senior
Working on getting FDA approval
Company is in Growth Stage
In this role, you will develop algorithms that define a robotic arm’s motions during a surgical procedure. You will consider human anatomy to plan collision-free motion. The algorithms you will develop will have optimal performance and guarantee safe interaction with the patient anatomy and environment. You will work closely with other teams to establish requirements and develop production software to satisfy the requirements.
Qualifications and Work Experience Required
- PhD or MS in robotics, computer science, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in relevant industries working on robotic arms motion
- Experience developing motion planning pipeline for robotic arms using common algorithms such as RRT, RRT*, A*, etc.
- Strong understanding of robotic arm’s kinematics and null space navigation.
- Strong software development skills in C++ and data structures.
- Experience developing software in a regulated environment such as medical or aerospace industries is preferred.
- Familiar with computer vision algorithms and concepts
- Strong written, verbal, interpersonal, computer, and organizational skills
- Experience developing real-time motion control software.
- Experience in 3D modelling techniques.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Own the motion planning pipeline for a surgical robot.
- Develop algorithms for motion planning and control in a structured and also an unstructured environment
- Work with other teams to define how the motion planning constraints are defined.
- Develop production software that implements motion planning algorithms.
- Adhere to the highest standards of coding in a regulated environment.
- Participate in rigorous testing and perform root cause analysis
- Look at website to see what the robotic looks like