Staff Cloud Engineer
# Positions: 1
Location: Englewood, CO – In Office Day 1
Visa Status: Any – must be able to convert after 90 days
Length: 90-day CTH
Do you see yourself overseeing the creation of a platform, architecting a cloud and corresponding organizational and cultural changes? Are you looking to work with a team of talented professionals who are keenly focused on automating complex business problems and supporting product innovation with technology? If so, you might be our next Staff Cloud Engineer, where you will work with some of the best in the business using the latest and greatest technologies, to drive automation at all stages of software development, release, operations, and maintenance.
- Provide technical leadership for building a high functioning cloud engineering and services (security, automation) organization that delivers high quality secure services.
- This role is able to perform solution design, architectural review, implement proof-of-concepts, standardize solutions, and develop operational handoff of solutions
- Responsible for maturing the automation for building and deploying cloud infrastructure using Infrastructure-As-Code solutions and integrating infrastructure builds with security controls for proactively detecting and handling non-compliance.
- Design solutions for improving Cloud Security posture and for increased and automated enforcement of cloud security guardrails.
- Enable broader adoption of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) solutions for improving the resiliency of all Cloud solutions.
- Work collaboratively with application architects, application & analytics teams, and vendor partners for broader adoption of Cloud Infrastructure and cloud engineering.
- Provides technical leadership within the area of expertise and mentors junior engineers.
- Collaborate with teams and leadership within IT and with business partners to advance our technical capabilities and provide data solutions that drive business results
- Learn and keep pace with the latest advances in the field and rapidly grasp new technologies to lead and support the environment and project deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; Master’s degree (preferred) plus 7+ years of IT Experience
- 3+ years’ experience in Enterprise-Scale AWS environments
- Expert level proficiency with AWS services like EC2, RDS, Lambda, ECS, EKS
- Highly experienced with Infrastructure-As-Code (IaC) automation tools like Terraform.
- Proven experience working hands-on with AWS Identity and Access Management service
- Solid understanding of AWS Cloud Security best practices
- Familiarity with Cloud security frameworks (NIST, CIS, CCM)
- Experience with OAuth2, SSO, and Identify providers like Okta, Piand ngFederate.
- 3+ years’ software development experience in Java/Python
- 2+ years’ hands-on experience with Containers (Docker, Kubernetes, EKS) and Serverless (AWS Lambda)
- 2+ years’ experience with CI/CD & DevOps solutions (Jenkins, Gitlab)
- Highly passionate about Cloud Cost optimization solutions
- Technology or platform certifications (e.g. AWS, Microsoft) Preferred