Job Title: Staff Database Administrator
Location: US-CO-Englewood – in office day one
# Positions: 1
Visa Status: Any, as long as they can convert to FTE after 90 days
Length: 90-day CTH
Over the past 30 years, we have built a talented group of leaders and support teams at its corporate headquarters in Englewood, Colorado. This opportunity is for a Database Administrator under IT Enterprise Systems organization.
We operate a very complex set of business-critical applications that facilitate the Sales, Marketing, and Customer Service of all our products. The Oracle DBA is responsible for day-to-day operations and executing key initiatives for IT. The candidate must bring a strong desire to contribute to the fast-paced team by sharing ideas and being willing to learn. The ideal candidate has a strong background in database administration with Relational Databases in an enterprise setting. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Install, configure, patch, and upgrade Databases: Oracle (19c) and either
- PostgreSQL (12+) or Mongo (4+).
- Proactively monitor production databases for Performance and Stability.
- Participate in on-call production support on a rotation basis.
- Provide DBA support for Enterprise Releases Deployments and Projects.
- Provide technical guidance to software developers in data modeling and performance optimization techniques.
- Automate administrative tasks using scripting languages and utilities.
- Follow established standards. Document new processes and procedures when appropriate.
- Promptly create Incident Reports to build/update Knowledge Base.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or Information Systems or an equivalent experience with a minimum of 10+ years in Oracle and 3+ years in Mongo or Postgres.
- Hands-on experience managing databases both in private Data Centers as well as on the AWS cloud.
- Experience Administering and Optimizing TB databases on Linux systems.
- Familiarity with Database Monitoring & debugging tools.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently on projects.
- Ability to effectively communicate, prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.