What you will be doing
High-level job responsibilities:
As a Staff Engineer, you must be a natural problem solver, you think the best answer is the simplest and most elegant. You’ll work within an agile delivery team and use your skills to create and customize applications on Cloud-native wireless platforms. You will help implement an Enterprise Cloud Architecture to power, deploy and operationalize our microservices, COTS products, and custom applications. We are looking for engineers with a passion for programming and knowledge in Cloud technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Native apps, Microservices and APIs.
In this role, you will be a key member of the engineering team which will design and implement an enterprise-scale cloud architecture with a focus on scalability, performance, security, and availability. As a member of this team, you will provide CICD, infrastructure as code, Kubernetes implementation, security, networking, and observability.
Day-to-day job responsibilities:
- Help build and scale containerized apps by implementing cloud-native architecture
- Design and build robust CICD processes for deployments including infrastructure as code.
- Build complex integrations with enterprise systems for Security, Distributed Tracing, Telemetry, and others.
- Driving prototyping efforts to evaluate multiple design options and develop recommendations.
- Help develop a platform interface to other systems.
- Enhance existing Tool Chain through internal development and investigation of third-party software.
- Champion best practice.
- Review major code changes and architecture.
- Working with product managers to translate the use case requirements into functional and performance requirements for the platform.
- Produce clean, well-documented code, with embedded unit tests, following development standard methodologies
- Stay up-to-date on meaningful new technologies and produce thought leadership content
Skills and experience
- 5+ years DevOps and software engineering experience
- 4+ years or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong background in CI/CD and cloud infrastructure
- Strong AWS and Kubernetes skills
- Experience building and maintaining production systems
- Ability to read and write code in multiple languages
- Fearlessness to learn and take on challenging problems
- Ability to drive projects with minimal supervision and delegate to others
- Experience with different tools such as Rally, Logz, Dynatrace, Artifactory, Gitlab
- Development background or competency with modern programming languages and design principles
- Python and Bash scripting experience