Location: US-CO-Littleton, be in office on first day
Visa: USC, GC, EAD (waiting for greencard)
What project will they be working on: mostly handling building API’s/microservices to support wireless mobile operation. Kafka is involved as well.
Top Skill Sets:
- Java 8
- Cloud knowledge
- Kafka and API
Client is transforming the future of connectivity. We’re doing it by building the country’s first virtualized, standalone 5G wireless network from scratch. The foundation of a connected world, it’s a network free of the limitations of the past, and flexible enough to satisfy all the social, economic and transformative needs of the changing world.
As an API Staff Engineer at our Client, you will work within an agile delivery team and use your skills to create and customize application integrations.
Responsibilities will vary, but ultimately include:
- Lead and Manage Projects in the API and Event System domains.
- Train and mentor less experienced staff.
- End to end API and integration experience.
- Analyze and help define data, workflow, environment, system and software interfaces
- Prepare detailed API design documents and specifications
- Establish and document full life cycle of API management standards and best practices
- Build out secure integration APIs to interface with a diverse set of systems
- Set up CI/CD implementation using tools like GitLab/Argo CD/EKS
- Responsible for identifying gaps between current systems and desired end-state; creating a roadmap to deliver end-state solutions.
- Under minimal supervision, designs, develops and/or repairs logic that drives moderately complex software systems/application functionality.
- Works closely with more senior staff on more complex and/or integrated programming issues.
- Performs key portions of the system development lifecycle including designing, coding, code reviews with peers prior to submitting for QA, unit testing, documenting, installing, maintaining, and supporting proprietary and/or purchased software systems/applications.
- Performs unit and performance testing on code and documents findings within defined scope.
- Develops enhancements to satisfy end-user requirements.
- Completes moderately complex project tasks within defined milestones.
- 8-10+ years of professional experience as an API developer with deep understanding of API implementations or combination of education and experience
- Well versed with Java, Spring Boot, APIGEE and similar technologies
- Direct experience or working knowledge with AWS technologies including ECS/EKS, Lambda, API Gateway, S3, Terraforms and Kafka
- Sound knowledge with authorization and authentication approaches like oAuth, SSO/SAML
- Experience with build tools like maven, gradle and unit test tools like Junit, Mocito
- Foundational experience with service orchestration and messaging technology
- Experience with end-to-end API Platform setup and implementation
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience in Telecom sector