* F5 certification & Irule expert*
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The IT F5 team is focused on streamlining access and connectivity to company’s core business applications as well as enabling partner connectivity in a safe and secure manner. The F5 team is an essential part of the company
business. As a member of this team, you’ll be creating new VIPs, adding members to pools, ensuring that the proper SSL configurations are applied, writing custom iRules, updating F5 operating systems all in a virtual environment that is both public and private clouds. You’ll also be responsible to join outage bridges to troubleshoot connectivity issues with a wide variety of applications and systems. This position will require on-call after-hours support.
The ideal candidate should be:
- Experienced in supporting multiple F5 LTM, APM and/or GTM platforms. This includes installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting issues on these platforms.
- Experienced in VIP creation, Wide IP creation, certificate creation and updates, SSL profile creation, pool creation and pool member modification
- HTTP/S troubleshooting tools (POSTMAN, HTTP Watch, Fiddler, Curl, etc)
- AWS EC2 and VMware.
- Experience in writing and troubleshooting F5 iRules
- Experienced with packet capture analysis and troubleshooting
- Experienced in multiple tier application support
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Developing and maintaining company’s F5 environments across all lines of business
- Support existing systems and services
- Troubleshoot application layer connectivity issues with other teams
- Provide technical/architectural solutions to the team
- Provide support to development teams, partners, and other stakeholders that require the use of F5 technology.
Skills and Experience
A successful Staff System Admin for the F5 team will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business or technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience direct hands on experience managing F5 devices
- Self-motivation with strong, proven, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate across all departments in the organization
- A constant learner-mindset with the drive to creatively think outside the box and innovate
You will stand out if you have:
- Bash/Python/Ansible Scripting
- IRules ILX expertise
- F5 Certifications