The Tax Manager is an essential part of the Finance and Accounting Department. You will be the tax subject matter expert responsible for overseeing income, indirect, and property tax including compliance and planning. As an individual contributor and only tax person, you will need to be willing to roll up your sleeves and dive into the details.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have excellent communications skills, strong attention to detail, be exceptionally organized, self-motivated, and a master problem-solver. You should be able to thrive in a fast-paced multitasking environment and easily adapt to change and rapid company growth. Our ideal candidate will have a passion for tax and customer service (external and internal).
- Manage external service providers that prepare our global income tax estimates, extensions, and returns ensuring that we maintain compliance in all applicable jurisdictions
- Work with external service providers to manage REIT compliance ensuring we maintain our REIT status includes providing support and documentation for quarterly REIT testing
- Responsible for ASC 740 global provision calculation for multiple financial statements includes providing support and documentation to external audits
- Oversight and management of tax notices and audits
- Prepare and maintain global transfer pricing documentation and coordinate with accounting and treasury to ensure proper recording and timely settlement
- Collaborate with legal department to ensure entity classification is accurately reflected on legal entity org chart, required registrations are maintained, and supporting documentation saved in legal entity organization file
- Ensure all necessary filings are completed in applicable jurisdictions accurately and timely
- Regularly update and maintain tax decision matrix and work with AR to ensure we are charging and collecting as necessary
- Work with AP to maintain and improve process for identifying, calculating, and remitting use tax as necessary
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure we only pay what is necessary
- Manage external service providers that prepare our global property tax returns, review assessments, and perform appeals ensuring that we minimize tax liabilities and maintain compliance
- Prepare monthly property tax entries and account reconciliations accurately and timely, researching discrepancies as needed
- Assist finance with calculating property tax estimates for budgets, forecasts, and modeling
- Work with AP and treasury to forecast payments ensuring sufficient funding and timely payments
- Research federal, state, and international tax issues and assist in the development of ongoing tax strategies
- Collaborate cross-functionally to identify and maintain incentives, primarily property tax
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with clients, vendors, and internal departments to minimize expenses, exposures, and deliver exceptional customer service
- Ad-hoc reporting, analysis, and special projects to move the business forward
- Location: Denver, CO – In office
- Travel: less than 10%
- Compensation: $115,000 – $125,000 + Bonus
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Must pass comprehensive background screening
- BS in Accounting required
- 6+ years prior work experience
- CPA and public accounting experience preferred
- Technical knowledge of US corporate and partnership taxation, state and local taxation, ASC 740, property tax, and indirect tax
- Experience with real estate and REITs preferred
- Multi-entity and cross-border experience preferred
- NetSuite experience preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office product suite, especially Excel
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and communications skills
- Enjoys collaborating and works well cross-functionally with other teams
- Ability to execute, process, and prioritize tasks with minimal-to-no supervision
- Proven success in creating efficiencies in processes and procedures
THIS MIGHT BE RIGHT FOR YOU IF:
- You’re a strong communicator, equally comfortable in the boardroom as the data center hall. You’re persuasive and clear, blending analytics with experience in decision-making.
- You don’t get flustered easily. You can juggle multiple priorities while balancing urgent requests with shifting timelines and deliverables.
- You’re a teambuilder. You take the time to understand and develop the strengths of your resources while formulating long-term plans for the growth and success of the team.
- You’re naturally curious and driven toward continual improvement. While you celebrate your successes, you take time to review and analyze campaigns for future learning.
- We offer a competitive compensation package with strong benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401K program, flexible spending accounts – even a cell phone subsidy.
- We foster a culture of appreciation
- Fun is part of our DNA, with events, game nights, and barbecues.
- We’re growing – this is a great time to join and make an impact!
Our Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law< Back to Job Search