< Back to Job Search
Location: Warrenton, VA
Job Code: JPC - 478
Technical Support Analyst (Help Desk)
- 6 months contract-to-hire
- Rate: $44/hr absolute max – No exceptions
- Conversion salary: from $50,000 to $90,000 max
- U.S. Citizens, Permanent Residents only
- Bachelor’s Degree preferable in Computer Science, or 8 years of equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience required
- On-Site Warrenton, VA
- Public Trust Clearance (generally 2 to 4 months)
- Well experienced and must have a resume that reflects all of the skills needed.
Responsible for providing 24/7 technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, and software. Respond to queries, run diagnostic programs, isolate problems, and determine and implement solutions. Provide timely and accurate communication within all levels of interaction. This position works on-site in Warrenton, VA.
- Provide front-line phone support and facilitate communications among stakeholders when troubleshooting issues.
- Assist end users with reporting and troubleshooting system issues, escalating and coordinating second tier and above support from operations staff and external parties.
- Respond to incoming calls, e-mails, and verbal requests regarding service-related inquiries for network and software applications.
- Assign User Incident Report Tickets based on need for resolving operational issues and restoring affected services.
- Document, track and monitor problems to ensure timely resolution and send tasks to the appropriate priority levels.
- Provide front-end software training to all users of project specific applications.
- Ensure database integrity and report discrepancies.
- Perform Account Maintenance (new user accounts, disabling old accounts, password resets and account unlock requests) for all applications.
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Escalation Procedures and Work Instructions for Help Desk personnel.
- Create and update E-mail and Contact Lists for Outage Distribution Notification, scheduled maintenance, and unscheduled outages.
- Facilitate resolution with notifications, verbal responses and bridge line communication.
- Troubleshoot application and network availability before escalating to System Administrators.
- Monitor system functionality and availability.
- Ensure alerts are acknowledged by System Administrators and help desk personnel.
- Communicate with departments involved in operational sustainment systems(s) maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or eight years of related experience.
- At least one year of experience with IT Help Desk.
- Experience supporting Active Directory.
- Experience working with a Helpdesk Ticketing System (JIRA & RLMS experience a plus).
- Excellent Customer Service Skills.
- Knowledge of Windows/Linux operating systems with a technical background in a help desk environment, possessing strong verbal and written communication skills.
- General experience includes information systems development and other work in the client, server, application, or related fields.
- Excellent customer service skills, dedicated, responsible, positive, and professional demeanor.
- Able to exercise independent judgment and problem-solving skills when determining the nature of an issue, how to resolve it, and when to ask for assistance.
- In order to meet the clearance requirements for this opportunity, candidates must be US Citizen and/or Current Green Card Holder.
- All candidates will be subject to a complete background check to include, but not limited to Criminal History, Education Verification, Professional Certification Verification, Verification of Previous Employment and Credit History.
- Public Trust background investigations can take approximately four to eight weeks and require fingerprinting.
< Back to Job Search