Job Title: Technology Implementation Senior Project Manager
Location: Chicago or Northern Virginia preferred but near major international airport is acceptable
Position type: Fulltime
We depend on standardization through our Basis of Design to enable our rapid data center expansion. The Technology Implementation Construction PM is responsible for coordinating with technology designers, installing contractors and internal IT teams to ensure the elements of the Basis of Design are properly implemented throughout our portfolio of construction projects. The Technology Implementation Construction PM is also responsible for managing all the deliverables and tasks associated with brining the internal network online to support the construction project schedule. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with fiber/copper infrastructure systems, physical layer installation, construction management and BMS/EPMS system integration.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Lead technology design process with our company’s consultants for fiber/copper cabling, conveyance, rack placement, labeling, audio-visual systems, etc.
- Coordinate with our company’s internal Security & Compliance teams to ensure security designs for each facility are aligned with our company’s BOD and client specific requirements
- Coordinate with our company’s internal IT and network teams to identify IT hardware needs and schedule dependencies
- Coordinate with our company’s OPS to implement the BMS/EPMS systems at each facility in accordance with our company’s standards
- Interface with general contractors and the selected subcontractors to ensure the installation is aligned with the design and our company’s BOD
- Lead planning and schedule sessions with all technology stakeholders to support the dependencies related to bringing the our company’s internal network online in accordance with the project schedule
- Complete frequent site visits to our company’s international portfolio of construction projects
- TIA/EIA standards
- Familiarity with network switch, server and storage equipment installations
- Knowledge of fiber/copper systems
- Knowledge of physical security and video surveillance systems
- Knowledge of AV systems
- Experience managing the construction of technology systems for a data center project
- Experience managing the physical implementation of EPMS/BMS systems for a data center project
- This position requires frequent site visits to active construction project sites
- When not traveling to construction project sites, working from home or the local OUR COMPANY office is acceptable
- Domestic travel required 50% – 75%
- Canadian travel required as-needed
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of 2+ years in technology implementation for data centers or other mission critical facilities
Preferred Education and Experience
- IT consulting
- Design of technology cabling, security, AV, EPMS/BMS systems
- Network switch, server, storage equipment physical implementation
Work Authorization/Security Clearance Requirements
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must pass enhanced background check
- Must be able to travel to Canada
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
OUR COMPANY provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employee signature below indicates the employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.< Back to Job Search