Job Title: Traffic Engineering – Regulated Services Engineer
Positions – 5
Max Salary – $130K
Our client is building a next-gen 5G network to disrupt the wireless industry and fuel innovation in transportation, health care, education, sustainability, city management, and agriculture.
We’re driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – and we’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve. Join us as we embark on our greatest adventure of all.
Our client is seeking an experienced team of Regulatory Engineers to drive the regulation efforts to ensure a successful deployment of company’s 5G Wireless Network. The Regulated Services Team will provide a deeper understanding of Telecommunication networks and articulate the key traffic issues within network core and customer experience. Team members will have deep understanding of voice and Switched PSTN Voice Call Flows, and a full range of features and functions of network operations, including long distance/toll calling, international, E911, toll-free, CALEA, and related recommend network architecture, requirements and specifications for mobile voice traffic. Team members will have working knowledge of voice and signaling protocols including SIP and SS7, industry standards and associated requirements. Our client intends to work with 3rd parties to provide voice services, hence this team will also be responsible for performing detailed evaluations of service providers’ capabilities and performance.
Primary responsibilities include (but may vary as needed):
- Must have a clear understanding of both Environmental and Regulatory requirements for 5G Wireless Network such as E911, STIR/SHAKEN, WEA, CALEA.
- Deeper understanding in telco networks and articulate, understand key traffic Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in the network and from a customer experience perspective.
- Knowledge of wireless communications engineering concepts and technologies.
- Ability to communicate the technical and regulatory requirements to business stakeholders to ensure that regulatory compliance is maintained or enhanced, and understood consistently.
- Ability to incorporate company Core and Legal guidance into solid architectural solutions
- Support preparation of regulatory agency applications, reports, or correspondence for internal owners. Review all regulatory agency submission materials to ensure timeliness, accuracy, comprehensiveness, or compliance with regulatory standards.
- Develop regulatory strategies and implementation plans for the preparation and submission of new products with internal stakeholders, including maintenance of required KPI reporting or like certification requirements.
- Manage activities such as audits or regulatory agency inspections.
- Formulate or implement regulatory affairs policies and procedures
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant regulations, including proposed and final rules.
- May serve as the primary point of contact with such organizations as IEEE, ITU, ATIS, and other telecommunications operating standards bodies.
- Ability to problem solve under-pressure, while maintaining respectful communications with team and vendors.
- Ability to think critically to evaluate solutions and program plans in order to produce high-quality, lasting results.
- Demonstrated awareness of impact of actions on team, on department, and company business objectives
- Ability to learn and apply new skills to business requirements to the benefit of the company ecosystem, including preparing execution reports displaying results and describing relevant program lifecycle management.
- Ability to lead and mentor junior engineers on the team, work on problems that are relevant and essential to the team.
- Preferred B.S.or M.S. in Electrical Engineering (or related field) and a minimum of 10+ years of direct engineering experience; in certain cases, job experience will be considered in lieu of education.
- Certifications in professional or technical skill development/
- Experience designing and implementing regulatory/compliance programs.
- Understanding IEEE, FCC, or State-level Regulations with ability to handle complex regulatory issues.
- Demonstrated career progression, both in responsibilities and skill development