Job Title: Wireless Transport – Provisioning Manager
Positions – 1
Max Salary – 140K
Our client is building a next-gen 5G network to disrupt the wireless industry and fuel innovation in transportation, health care, education, sustainability, city management, and agriculture.
We’re driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – and we’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve. Join us as we embark on our greatest adventure of all.
Our client is seeking a Transport Provisioning Manager with robust technical skills and strong people and vendor management abilities to help deliver our 5G network. The position is responsible for managing the operational and personnel activities of the Provisioning Department to ensure that department productivity, timelines, and quality goals are met. The Provisioning Department is responsible for the company’s network provisioning, circuit design, inventory management, and number procurement activities. The Provisioning Manager will be responsible for the department’s standards and procedures and the design and management of all Transport tools and systems supporting company’s transport service delivery.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan and develop policies and processes to ensure operating quality and efficiency of the Provisioning Department
- Develop staffing requirements and oversee the hiring, training and development of employees within the department
- Designate work assignments, manage workload distribution, and ensure that all projects are completed in a timely manner
- Identify opportunities for improving cost, diversity, or reliability.
- Serve as a point of contact for escalations in service delivery or unresolved issues in the provisioning process
- Oversee the responsibilities of the Transport Tools Administrator(s) to ensure systems perform according to SLAs and meet user requirements
- Analyze and respond to business issues affecting the Provisioning Department
- Serve as a member of the Transport management team, participating in meetings, presentations and decision-making activities as needed or requested
- Conduct performance review with vendors.
- Produce and provide weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for the department
- Serve as a back-up to Provisioners when needed to meet project deadlines
- Effectively communicate project plans and milestones with all project team members and other stakeholders in the organization
- Establish strong rapport within team members, supporting practices that drive employee engagement and productivity
The successful Transport Provisioning Manager will have:
- BS or MS in Engineering or technical degree, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- 8+ years of wireless network experience including wireless network architecture, ethernet, and transport infrastructure components
- Fundamental understanding of circuit bandwidth relationships and telecommunications transmission protocols.
- Demonstrated knowledge of circuit ordering processes, including: ASR, ASRW, Facility Verification.
- Technical understanding of transport networks and transport network design knowledge
- High energy to maintain a sense of urgency and to set the tone for all teams involved
- 5+ years of experience managing engineers and various stakeholders
- Dynamic personality and can quickly establish trust and rapport with all levels of the organization.
- Strong ability to document, vet requirements, and drive quality
- 3+ years of strong experience in Telecom OSS/BSS systems in one or more areas of Order Management, Inventory Management, Service Assurance and Telecom Expense Management systems or an industry-leading software package
- Transport Network Design knowledge and experience Front haul, Midhaul, and Backhaul.
- Must have a strong understanding of wireless network architecture, APIs, MEF standards, 3GPP standards, ethernet, IPMLS and transport infrastructure components
- Working knowledge on Telco’s ASR ordering web-tools.
- Proficiency with various project tracking tools, and reporting methods for large scale infrastructure projects
- Advanced understanding of telecom billing and ordering processes and telecom contracts
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
< Back to Job Search